Have You Been Victimized By A Fraudulent Loan?
At an alarming rate, the subprime mortgage crisis victimized homeowners across the country. An unprecedented number of homeowners were defrauded by mortgage lenders and brokers, placed in mortgage loans they could not afford or paying excessive closing costs.
At Farrell, Hamilton & Julian, P.C., we vigorously represent consumers in matters relating to lender liability. Since 2000, our law firm in Godfrey, Illinois, has fought to protect homeowners from deceptive lenders and brokers. As real estate attorneys, we understand firsthand the effects of the mortgage crisis. Lenders, brokers, appraisers and other real estate professionals used deceptive lending practices to get people approved for loans they could not afford.
We only service clients in Illinois and Missouri.
Mortgage lenders and brokers victimize homeowners with several fraud schemes, including:
- Inaccurate information — Lenders used false or inaccurate information to get consumers set up with a loan they would not have qualified for if the information submitted was correct.
- Unconventional loans — Consumers were pushed into unconventional loans without a fixed mortgage rate. Once the interest rate changed, homeowners were forced into foreclosure since they could not afford the payments.
- Inflated home appraisals — Real estate professionals worked with brokers to sell houses based on inflated appraisals.
- Refinanced homes — Lenders frequently encouraged homeowners to refinance their home and rolled in new fees. Eventually, homeowners could not afford their mortgage.
- Defending improper claims — We also defend those clients improperly accused of lender fraud. Our representation of plaintiffs has made us adept in properly defending claims. We have been retained by financial institutions that we have sued to defend them in other cases. We represent both plaintiffs and defendants.
If you think you have been victimized by mortgage fraud, do not wait until you receive a foreclosure notice to get help.
Prepared To Fight For Your Rights In Court
At Farrell, Hamilton & Julian, P.C., we are experienced trial attorneys who vigorously protect victims of fraudulent or deceptive loans. We will fight hard to restructure your loan. In other circumstances, we will negotiate to give the house back to the bank and take the financial burden off you.
Many of our lawyers are certified public accountants. Our tax background helps us review loan documents and truth-in-lending disclosures. We will also analyze tax implications.