Godfrey Child Support Lawyers

St. Louis Metro East Custody & Visitation Attorneys

The best interests of your children are the primary focus of the local courts as well as the attorneys at Farrell, Hamilton & Julian, P.C., located in Godfrey, Illinois. We strongly believe that contentious arguments between spouses coupled with prolonged courtroom litigation can do significant harm to family relationships. For this reason, we strive to resolve family law disputes amicably.

Child Support

Child support is calculated according to a strict set of guidelines established by the state legislature. However, variations may be warranted and an attorney can help protect your rights. In addition to child support, issues such as health care, insurance, medical expenses, education, and college expenses may need to be addressed. We provide dedicated assistance with all child support and financial matters related to divorce and family law.

Mediation Used in Child Custody and Visitation Disputes

At Farrell, Hamilton & Julian, P.C., we also represent clients involved in child custody and visitation disputes. Mediation is required in Illinois custody and visitation cases and may be cost effective and easier on both the parties and their children. We have significant experience with the mediation process, as well as collaborative law.

There are options to courtroom litigation and placing your child in the middle of the dispute. Our attorneys can help you determine whether collaborative law or mediation may be an appropriate option for you. Please note that when litigation proves unavoidable, we provide compassionate yet fully effective representation.

Removal, Visitation and Custody Modifications

Circumstances in your life can change following a divorce. For example, a job can be lost and income can fluctuate or disappear altogether. In these situations, the final divorce decree can be revisited to make custody, visitation and support payment modifications that reflect a new job, an out-of-state move, or a new marriage, among other life changes.

We also help our clients enforce custody and payment orders when a former spouse fails to live up to his or her obligations.

Contact Us

To obtain more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced attorney, please contact us.